Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One never knows...

what a day will bring! I was in and out diving from the rain and short, but persistent, hail storm.

I did wander around the garden in between, and took a few photos of the flowers in the front and crocuses around the pear tree in the back.

Photobucket


I saw many birds in the front garden today, popping in and out of the bushes during the precipitation.  I have reason to believe there's 'cavorting' going on in those bushes!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Later on when it had cleared, we went out for supper where we had steak and prawns, dessert (too decadent to mention) and a view of the water.

Photobucket


... but the most spectacular part of the day was yet to come...

Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket

PS Just a little note to thank you all for your comments on my previous post (I've left comments there)...it was a lovely surprise and felt like I'd received bundles of lovely mail covered with special stamps!

4 comments:

  1. Well captured with the Kinglet in flight and I do like to one with a dew drop on the end of its beak.

    A gloriuos Sunset indeed. Haven't seen any sign of the Sun here for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers, birds and a delicious meal all sound good to me.
    Good to see that the weather cleared to give that spectacular sunset!
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John ~ Yes, I was fortunate to get those shots I thought. Sometimes the birds flit about so quickly that I don't know what I've got until I download. It was one of those awe-inspiring sunsets all right :) Sorry to hear you haven't seen the sun ~ it does cheer things up, so hopefully it will shine on you soon :)

    Thanks Mo ~ The sunset was a beauty :)

    Hi Flighty ~ Good combination for sure. I was so pleased to see the sunset before heading home.

    ReplyDelete