With thanks to greenthumb who sponsors these monthly challenges, I submit my December photos. They will enlarge with a click.
1. Silver ~ with many glittery items abounding during this time of year, I decided to portray the simple silver cutlery in a restaurant where I enjoyed a bowl of clam chowder, salad, and garlic toast.
2. 25 ~ Instead of choosing a photo of the page number at the bottom of a Christmas Carol book, I found a photo of at least 25 Trumpeter swans. You can count them if you wish ~ I stopped counting when I reached the magic number ;)
3. Christmas ~ I chose my small Christmas Cactus plant which, for the first time, really bloomed this year.
4. Religious icon - These two sweet little angels sit/recline religiously on my piano lamp base, as if they have nothing better to do than listen to me play ~ not even cringing when a note goes awry :)
6. Movement ~ I couldn't resist my little hummingbird for this category. Although it does stop to rest occasionally, it seems to be mostly on the go ~ even through our freezing weather episode.
7. Celebration - A sunset to celebrate Winter Solstice!
8. Words ~ A poster advertising a Christmas chance to win a monetary sum!
9. Recipe - This is a recipe for double ginger crinkle cookies. They are always a hit. The touch of lemon drizzle on top adds a great flavour. I usually plop a little piece of crystallized ginger on top of each cookie as well.
10. Candles ~ on the wall near my fireplace.
11. Window display. The photo of this festively decorated window was taken on a drive through Chemainus, The Little Town that Did ~ hope you click on the link and the links provided on their site.
12. Cake ~ A cranberry and orange cornbread cake up close and personal ~
and just so you know, you can have your kayak and eat it too.... ;)
Who is going to jump in with me to
January's List 2014
- J is for ?
- A corner
- Looking down