Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring has sprung!

A sunny day beginning with a very chill wind! Two more loads of leaves and cones raked up and the first lawn cutting, front and back.

This was followed by a drive to the beach to take these photos:

Photobucket


Then on to a wonderful rocky beach! It can be a slippery place, but the tide was out and it was perfect! Such an interesting place to walk, looking at patterns left in the rock, checking out the tidal pools, listening to some Canada Geese as they waded in the shallows, watching the eagle perched above...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket


On the way back, I checked on Harzel and I just find his whole self such a joy - just wending his way this way and that, with such wild abandon.  He's Spring personified!

Photobucket


and check out those tassels!

Photobucket


As usual a Song Sparrow sang in the thicket.  As I was peering at Harzel's tassels, I flushed out a couple of Quail which startled me to say the least. I hope Harzel didn't hear me! The Quail fluttered off onto a neighbouring fence.

Photobucket



After this full day, I was quite ready to sit out on the deck for the first time this year, and spend a little while admiring the cherry blossom buds, and also using my e-reader! Now that's what I call a perfect day!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very enjoyable expedition. It's years since I last went rock pooling. There is such a variety of life to be seen in some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the flowers on Harzel they look very much like those shown here:

    http://lh2treeid.blogspot.com/2010/05/salix-babylonica-pekinensis-tortuosa.html

    Oh dear, Harzel may be a Harlow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. I would certainly love to walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely spring day from the look of your pictures, although I don't like the sound of a chill wind!
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John ~ It was a great day! Tidal pools are fascinating ~ could spend a long time checking them out. Thanks for your tree identification assistance! See next post for update!!

    Thanks Hilary - It is a wonderful place to walk and I'm sure you would enjoy it :)

    Hi Flighty ~ the chill wind eased up as the day warmed up, fortunately, and it was perfect for walking. It's still cool here though, not forecast to reach double digits! 8C doesn't sound springy enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day sounds absolutely delightful. So full of fresh breezes and gorgeous skies.

    Those textures and patterns you've captured by the tidepools are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete