Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blossom, Beach and Birds

First thing I noticed this morning were more cherry tree buds blossoming.

Photobucket


As I was walking down to the beach today,I passed a trio of beautiful pink blossom trees.

Photobucket


Harzel seemed to be gleaming in the sunshine.

Photobucket


The tide was out so I was able to walk along the sand, which is much easier than on the rocky shore.

Photobucket


I saw a few birds on my walk (photos of Song Sparrow; Northern Flicker), but most of the photos were taken in my garden - even the eagle!



Notice that the Yellow-rumped Warbler was sitting in the Cherry Tree :) I love the colouring of the Male House Finch, too.

I cut both front and back lawns this afternoon, so lots of exercise today. I was happy to have some lounge time on the deck afterwards listening to the birds chirping happily in the sunshine.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a Happy Easter, Glo. It is good to see that Spring seems to have finally arrived with you. Lovely photo's - I especially enjoy seeing the eagles, and i do so envy you the beach :)Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks, and sounds, like a perfect combination to me! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good day for a walk. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mo ~ Really nice Easter weekend, thanks, especially during the sunny days, which have abruptly come to an end! Glad you enjoyed the photos :)

    Hi Flighty ~ Yes, just the right combination ~ especially since it was sunny.

    Indeed it was, Adrian. Tan Hill pub looks to be the place to spend Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of our pink blossom trees have finished flowering now. With a bit of a breeze it's like walking through pink snow.
    Nice day out and a great meal to follow - who could ask for more.

    ReplyDelete