Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Holidays

My first day off work and what a great day it was! I knew it would be as soon as I saw this ready-made lineup in the store that brought a grin to my face...
Photobucket
Meet Frog, Hedgehogs(2), and Elephant ~ it seems they are known as "Round Abouts".

The breezy day brought whitecaps, and invigorating sea air...enjoying it as well was a boy and his dogs, and a caped crusader.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Close by is this lovely rose covered cottage that I admire each year when the roses start to bloom ~

Photobucket

When I got home, it was time to pick some cherries ~ One for the bowl, one for me...

Photobucket

After working in the rose garden for awhile fixing some sprinkler heads, and getting wet as usual, I decided to spend some time reading on the deck until supper was ready. I pulled back the lounge cover and...

Photobucket

Good heavens ~ It was Frog!

Photobucket



Isn't that video funny? Frog looked a little concerned about being uncovered in broad daylight so I found an empty green plastic flower pot with holes in the bottom, and gently encouraged frog to hop in. I then took "frog in a pot" and introduced him to his Frog House. I leaned the pot against it. Frog seemed to like the pot with the portholes and was still in there when I went to check later about 9:00 p.m. ~ a bit hard to see, but Frog is in there.

Photobucket

Wasn't that a perfect first day of holidays?

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day to start your summer break off with. I hope that it continues throughout.
    Another lovely, and interesting, entry which has got my day off a good start! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I like those kind of round abouts! Too cute. The only roundabouts we have in the UK are the ones I manage to get lost on... Is it that one...is it that one...
    and before you know it I've been around twice!
    That frog is quite big, I could hear his thoughts as he scrambled away... She can't see me...she can't see me! haha
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Flighty :) Yes it was a great day...and glad it started your day off well, too :)

    Daffy ~ Your UK roundabouts are why I'm scared to drive there. The first two times I visited, I was the navigator, so didn't drive, although I wish I had given it a go. The last time I visited, I even went into a car rental place, and then I chickened out!

    My frog does look quite big in some of the photos, but his body is only about two inches long.
    Thanks for the good wishes, and I know you are looking forward to your holidays coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the moving froggie! I laughed at how he peeped at you in the video :D

    That cottage is eye poppingly cute. xx

    ReplyDelete