Friday, May 13, 2011

YRW dance, Spotted Towhee and Woodland Garden

Yesterday there was a tap-tap on the front window! It was the Yellow-rumped Warbler ~ although I didn't get a photo, I did see his performance which I have aptly named the Yellow-rumped Warbler dance :)



This morning a Spotted Towhee was perched on the edge of the birdbath. Here he is before taking off for the Pink Dogwood Tree that is just starting to flower.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



A walk down to the woodland garden this afternoon was just perfect. There were so many blossoms and trees sporting new spring growth, it was quite magical.



...and I stitched a few images together of this very tall tree where a pair of eagles have been nesting in each year.

Photobucket


I have baked a couple of cakes and will be heading south for my brother's birthday tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely birdy photos here Glo. I think with the Robin peeking in your window and the Yellow-rumped Warbler tapping on it that it won't be long before you have a whole lot of birds sat around your dining table enjoying your cakes, after all, judging by your header, the YRW is ready for a formal dinner party ;) Now, there's an idea for one of your very creative posts!

    I also enjoyed your 'yellow' post, so bright and cheerful. I loved the Wilson's Warbler but unfortunately your link to further info seemed to be empty :(

    I hope you enjoy the birthday celebrations. I'm sure your brother will enjoy the cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment, ShySongbird! I think a formal dinner party sounds like fun! I must let my muse see what it can come up with! I wonder what would be on the menu?

    I have fixed the link to the Wilson's Warbler, so thanks for letting me know about that.

    I have made a chocolate 3D car cake and a banana coconut pecan cake for the journey today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your warbler is getting friendly!
    That woodland walk sounds rather nice.
    Enjoy the weekend! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete