Monday, May 16, 2011

Seeing grey ...

On the way home from my recent driving trip south for my brother's birthday, it would have been helpful to have been driving an amphibious vheicle.  The rain was absolutely pouring down. We splooshed our way home by 11:45 p.m. We are lucky to get 12C during the day and 5C at night. There is sun on the horizon apparently this coming weekend. Let's hope so!

The photos I have managed to gather are of some birds taken in a lagoon, and one of the Spotted Towhee today with what looks like a peanut snack.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
\
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No ducklings, no goslings....no sunshine ;)

5 comments:

  1. It's been mostly dull and windy here, but still no rain!
    It seems that weatherwise we all seem to want something different! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see you in an amphibious vehicle, wading in with the water fowl :-) Sorry for the no sun. Ours has gone on break as well.

    A (retired) friend of mine wrote to say that after running an errand or two, she might go back to bed. Oh, to have "going back to bed" as a viable option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must have our share of rain Glo, dull here but no rain. I have never known it this dry so early in the year!

    Lovely photos, the Spotted Towhee is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flighty ~ I usually don't mind the weather, but we have had the coldest wettest spring and I was getting a bit fed up! Fortunately today was lovely.

    Mo ~ Swans are so graceful looking ~ I think these are Mute Swans, not native to N. America. Around here I see (and hear!) Trumpeter Swans which have a black bill.

    Nikki ~ Yes, the amphibious vehicle idea lends itself to all sorts of adventures! The sun has returned :)
    I must say I thoroughly enjoy not having to get up and get ready for work! It definitely is a perk of retirement :)

    ShySongbird ~ Hard to think of England without rain ;) Although you enjoyed a warm early spring, it must be a bit of a worry with the dryness. It has been a very cool and wet spring, but luckily the sun shone today otherwise I was packing up and moving south! ;)

    The Spotted Towhee is quite something with those red beady eyes!

    ReplyDelete