Monday, May 9, 2011

Seeing Red!

Spotted Towhee is keeping a red eye lookout from a tree branch...

Photobucket


before taking off...

Photobucket

Meanwhile, Robin the redbreast, is peeking in my front room window...I guess it didn't see me leave by the back door ... haha

Photobucket


I have had a lovely Mother's Day weekend, with my sons taking me out to lunch at the Apple Cidery on Saturday, and one accompanying me on a Home and Garden Tour on Sunday.

The tulips by the beach look very pretty and colourful -

Photobucket



Today was weird and it was all because of an ant... to be continued, eventually ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the Robin peeking in your window Glo. Maybe it was hoping for some crumbs from your delicious baking :)

    Lovely colour combination with the Tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good red eye photo! I'm intrigued by your last sentence and look forward to finding out what it's all about! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first shot. it's the light in the eye makes it........are they edible? Now I don't want a picture of it in a soufflé. Have fun a grand post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ShySongbird ~ I think this is the Robin that plays hide and seek with me in the bushes ~ it likes to have a bath just outside the front room window...but you could be right :) Glad you liked the tulips.

    Hi Flighty ~ I thought it was a pretty good beady eye! Working on the ant business ;)

    Hi Adrian ~ Thanks, I was glad of the glint in its eye. They're really quite an amazing shade of red. I think I'll stick with Bird's Eye Custard instead of the soufflé ... ;)

    ReplyDelete