Friday, August 7, 2009

Home again!

After a lovely break, I'm back home again. I've had a quick look at the blogs I follow, and one item of news is that Hope, MidMarsh John's young garden hedgehog had been taken to the Hedgehog hospital for a check-up and will be there for a week or so. So, here's a little get well wish to Hope...that she'll be back home soon, all bright eyed and bristly.

Photobucket


In my previous entry, I showed a photo of me as a youngster at an English beach. Louise wondered if I knew where the beach was located. I unearthed the original photo, which my dad had noted on the back... Skegness in Lincolnshire, August 7. Isn't that amazing? The very same date that I looked it up, but many years hence. I was 5 years old ... a few months before my 6th birthday. I really should spend some time looking through the old photos, scanning them and organizing them on the computer.

In the meantime, I will be looking through the photos I've taken over the last 5 days to organize them and share the lovely time I had.

Still no sign of rain (since the beginning of July), but the weather has mercifully cooled down after the record breaking heat wave. Rain is in the forecast for Monday, I think ... and then more sunshine :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your lovely get well wish to Hope.

    What a small world - Bracing Skegness is about twenty or so miles from where I live in Lincolnshire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Glo!

    Crossing fingers for Hope.

    I love going through old photos, not necessary mine but other people too :)

    You can tell a lot of a person from the old photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! That's a terrific hedgehog gif!
    I see that you've always liked paddling in the sea.
    It's been warm and wet here, which is not a good combination as it's perfect for blight which devastates potatoes and tomatoes!
    Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. John ~ You're more than welcome for the get well wish for Hope. Like you, I am hoping that no news is good news and that you'll hear from Elaine soon.

    Small world indeed! I had to look up 'Bracing Skegness' to see what you meant, and the Jolly Fisherman came up with the history of Skegness. Very interesting. Since posting the photo, I've found a few more which indicates we were on a touring holiday, riding on the ferry from Hull, and through Scarborough.

    Selby ~ Thanks for the welcome back, and for your good wishes for Hope. Glad you enjoyed my old photo ~ yes, old photos are interesting, and in this case, I'm showing my age ;)

    Flighty ~ thanks for the welcome home. I found the hedgehog animated gif on the web, and added the text ...it's fun to do that ;) We had many trips to the seaside while living in England, so I do love being near the ocean. I haven't always lived close to the sea though, so I am happy that I do now.

    Your weather never seems to be quite right for long, does it? I'm sorry to hear about the potato and tomato blight ~ were your potatoes and tomatoes affected?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Glo. I've never been to Skegness! I always get quite tearful when looking through family photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, welcome home! It's terrific that you have some background information on those photos. Sounds like you will be embarking on an interesting project with sorting those old images.

    ReplyDelete