Friday, June 6, 2008

Cake Flower!

Tomorrow is the retirement party for a colleague, who is a great gardener! I offered to make the cake for about 40 guests, and after much thought, I decided I'd make a large flower cake. I planned out the baking pans I'd use, figured out what I'd carry it on, made the carrot cakes with applesauce, raisins and pecans, froze the cakes until today, and today I put the lot of them together and iced them. It took me from 6 p.m.- 9:30 p.m. to ice them, and after working all day, I'm about done in! However, I thought I'd show a few pics taken over the past few days. I'll add a bit of decoration to the board once I get it to the party. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Glo. What a phenomenal idea! I like your decorations very much - and how your friend will enjoy this cake made so thoughtfully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm sure that it tastes every bit as good as it looks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in awe of people who can make pretty cakes. This one is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki ~ Thank you! It worked out well ~ I would have liked to be a bit more adventurous with the icing, making some blended colours, etc., but it was time consuming as it was! The cake was much appreciated :)

    Flighty ~ Thanks, to you, too! The guests said it tasted delicious :)

    rosezilla ~ Glad to see you dropped in and enjoyed the cake! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete