Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Sonnet for L and J

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That was a little sonnet I wrote for Liv and her beau, after I walked home from work past all the beautiful blossoming trees ~ which of course, brought young love to mind ;)

Some other photos I took on my walk home:


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I also spotted some Pieris japonica that Nikki was blogging about :)

Photobucket
and from my garden, my camellia is blooming ~ it has grown so tall this year ~

Photobucket

A wind picked up later on, just before sunset, and the clouds looked like a storm was brewing, however it didn't amount to much ~


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


No cherry blossom photo in the sun yet, but at least it is blossoming ~

Photobucket

A golden touch on the Pink Dogwood branches in the front as the sun set ~

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. *blush*

    Thank you Glo! Tis a very sweet sonnet :)

    Good to see your spring has finally arrived, with blossoms in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful post and lovely photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it, Liv ~ I've darkened the lettering, so it is more easily read. Yes, it is wonderful to see the blossoms at last! Now I just want everything to stay as it is for awhile, so I can breathe it all in!

    Thanks, Flighty :) It's spring at last ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem for L and J :-) I love all the accompanying images of spring! And hey, there are those pieris-- looks liks a big shrub. Could you detect any scent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you did, it looks much better now.

    I like that you called him my "beau", very fitting indeed.

    On the walk home from work this evening I was breathing it all in too! And listening to the robins and cardinals and mockingbirds singing their wee hearts out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nikki~ pleased you enjoyed the poem and spring photos. The pieris was up against a house, so didn't venture close enough to take a whiff, but there are lots around, so I'll make a point of checking to see if there's a fragrance. Now I'm curious...

    Hi Liv ~ yes, the birds do seem to be as excited as the rest of us to welcome spring and all that goes with it ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glo, let me say straight out that I wish my plumeria bush was as big and beautiful as yours is! Lovely pics from your walk and I like the extra touch of falling petals with the love sonnet :) Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete