Monday, April 13, 2009

Soggy Sunday, Sunny Monday

I said I wouldn’t be posting a picture of the bunny cake, however yesterday morning I heard my son chuckling downstairs. When I asked him what he found so amusing, he said…”This cake ~ It’s kind of cute, in a messed up sort of way.”
Here it is, ready to be transported:

Photobucket

Unfortunately, after a couple of spring days, Sunday was a blustery rainy day! On the trip south, the roads were busy and very wet! However, it was great to spend the day with my sons who always enjoy each other’s company. My brother also came by and was pleased to see there was some bunny cake and eggs left for him, too. Most of the time was spent indoors because of the weather, but just after turkey dinner, the sun came out, although it was still windy. I took the opportunity to go to the park to check on the flowers. The blossom trees were gorgeous, and many line the streets. The blustery weather had sent the petals flying, coating some cars which then appeared as if they were decorated for a wedding, with confetti strewn all around.

Photobucket

Because it was so late in the day, there was very little light filtering through the trees, however I did find a bright patch of tulips.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you say a bundled up person on the shore? Still very windy!

Photobucket

We decided to head home about 10 p.m. instead of staying overnight and got home just after midnight. It was a star-lit drive, and the roads were nearly clear of traffic.

Monday has dawned bright and clear, so I’m looking forward to spending a day at home before heading back to work tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. The skies do look crisp and cool but beautiful. I am sure you are looking forward to all the flowers coming out (the ones posted are already very nice). There is something exciting about Spring :) By the way, your Easter dinner menu sounded really good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roomie ~ Yes, I'm looking forward to checking out the garden today ~ no tulips of course thanks to them being chomped, but I see a rhodo is in bloom. My roses are getting new green leaves. I'll have my camera with me on my rounds. Spring truly is an exciting time, a rebirth ~ and even though it is slow-starting this year, it is beginning to show some life!

    Everyone seemed to appreciate the dinner, and there is enough turkey left for my son and his girlfriend to enjoy some bunwiches today! I'm off to make buttermilk waffles for brunch ~ and then head outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! The bunny cake.

    You know the runt of the litter, or the dog at the shelter that nobody wants. I have a saying: It's so ugly it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er...thanks, Liv ;) ~ it looks like it was decorated by some little kid, doesn't it? ~ I wouldn't have dared take it anywhere else, but since it was for my sons, I knew they wouldn't care as long as it was chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gremlin cake. erm I mean the bunny cake! I think it looks cute.
    My tulips are ready to burst open I think... they seem to be waiting for that last bit of sunshine to push the petals apart.
    Glad you had a good time though, if not busy time... we had the same. Excitement, drama, fun and lovely music! What more could we ask for! Back to work for me this morning though... grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that the cake tasted better than it looks!
    I don't mind it being blustery providing that it's sunny.
    Good to see that you had a good weekend, including Monday I hope.
    Have a good week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL ~ Hi Daffy ~ yes, Gremlin cake is a good name for it. There were no complaints on the taste, though ;) It was too late when I iced it, and I didn't give it the care I usually do...which is quite obvious. Yes, sounds like you had a great weekend...we could do with more 4 day ones!

    Hi Flighty ~ I laughed my head off when I read your first comment! I guess the consensus was that it did indeed taste better than it looked. On Monday, I was hoping to get more done around here, but other than a bit of gardening, I totally relaxed ~ which is what holidays are for, anyway! The weather was fairly good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are brave to attempt bunny cake! I think I can only just manage the baking cake part - decorating escapes me. I love the big drift of pink flowers you've posted. Is that a weeping cherry or something like?

    ReplyDelete