Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach, Birds and Bounty :)

Photobucket

When I was at the beach recently, I caught a glimpse of a fellow paddleboarding westward, and then returning about half an hour later.

Photobucket


I also had my eye on a couple of crows, possibly young ones, enjoying splashing around in a stream running into the sea.

Photobucket


I was taking particular notice of these birds after watching a documentary called A Murder of Crows, part of the Nature of Things series on CBC the night before. I have found a link to the show here, in case you are interested in watching it. I knew corvids were intelligent, but after watching this show, I will be looking at them in a whole new light...because they will be taking notice of me...and you...

No surprise to see a robin or two around, especially when I am digging or raking.
Photobucket


Here is a look at what is growing in the back garden - everything coming along OK, except my friend who lives on a farm said that the wet cool weather has caused the growing season to be behind about 3 weeks. Usually the first of my cherries gets nibbled (by me, that is) on July 1, so it will be interesting to compare this year. The fruit seems to have a long way to go! There is no sign of any plums on the tree my son gave me, but it is only the first year.

Photobucket

...and I will leave you with the fragrance of roses, honeysuckle, and pansies...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Reading this post has brightened up what is a dull start to the day here.
    I really like this photo layout.
    I find corvids fascinating birds, of which jays are my favourites.
    The garden is looking good thanks to those fragrant flowers, and hopefully you'll get lots of fruit later on. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Flighty ~ It seems the sun has been sparse for both of us. The layout was made using Photoshop Elements, a program that was included with my scanner. Fun for a change. Corvids are amazing birds, and so interesting to learn morre about them. At least the rain has kept everything lush, and hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to investigate the nature of crows sometime. Unfortunately the link to the programme you suggest doesn't work over here in the UK. When I cycle to work, I see numurous crows on a particular spot of beach in Worthing. Lovely photos again Glo. x

    ReplyDelete