Friday, November 15, 2013

More swans, Quigley, Mountain drive and Sheep eyes

I searched through my photos of the Trumpeter Swans taken a couple of days ago, and found another close-up of a huge wingspan. 

Of course, in order to display grace and serenity, one must practice ~ (1 minute long)



I was quite delighted to see Quigley, the grey squirrel, return to the garden picking up some leftovers.  I thought he'd been run off by that scamp, SuperSquirrel (TM).

Yesterday, I drove up a mountain ~ I hadn't been up this particular mountain since we went as a family when the boys were very young.  It used to be a ski run, but is no longer operating. 


I noticed 3 acre lots for sale for $139,000, and some log cabins tucked into the woods.  This quaint little habitation was located close to the road.


A studio with carved animals was open, and although I didn't venture in, I took a few photos of some of the creatures that were guarding the property. 

and finally I have remembered to post a photo of those weird sheep eyes I've been looking for.  I took this photo near the end of October, and when I focussed in on the photo, I was able to crop out these two.  Weird is right!  Thanks, Snowbird for mentioning this weirdness in the first place :)


I didn't want to type this, but couldn't help it... here's looking at ewe.  Groan!

10 comments:

  1. A great selection here. You live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swans are quite majestic. I love the carved bear .... reminds me of my holiday in Switzerland this year. There were wood carvings every where we went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swans truly are magnificent ~ such huge wingspans. The carvings were wonderful; how exciting to see many carvings in Switzerland ~ glad to bring back the memory.

      Delete
  3. As always an enjoyable post, and terrific photos. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Flighty ~ glad you enjoyed the post and photos.

      Delete
  4. Oh WOW!!! How beautiful those swans are....sighs I. Such a treat to see them Glo, their beauty takes your breath away!!!

    I loved the video and would simply love to be able to visit those mountains....awesome!

    Delighted to hear you have seen sheep eyes close up, very alian looking aren't they....now you'll have to see a goat eye close up, they're the same!!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the photos and video, Snowbird. Oh no...now goats, you gotta be kidding ;)

      Delete
  5. All wonderful photos but the view of the mountain is particularly lovely. Ewe had to ram that joke through after all, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary ~ thanks for coming by while you are busy moving ~ glad you liked the mountain photos ~ and yes, I know it was a really lame thing to say ~ buy hey, your ewe and ram and me smiling ;) It's fun to kid around!

      Delete