Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Photo Scavenger Hunt

1 - Orange

I had so many orange photos this month ~ leaves, pumpkins, more leaves ~ however, I chose the bright kayaks recently spotted at an oceanside lodge.

But a little boat called 'Toot Toot' with an orange top was spotted early in October, so I'm going to include it as well ~

Little 'Toot-Toot' looked like she might have being snubbed, or perhaps just liked to be on her own side of the wharf .



2. - Two

Two of many things as well, however I have chosen  two muffins I made, with cream cheese icing ~

3.  Flower

Here are some fall flowers and grasses in Beacon Hill Park ~ I thought the grasses looked like brushes, painting with an autumn palette.


4.  Rubbish ~ or in this case compost left over after pealing a pile of pears that a friend had given me...I dehydrated pear slices and they are tasty.



 5.  Emotion

This was a tricky one, so I chose a couple of beekeepers ~ fear would have been my emotion if I was tending to such pursuits!


6. Flight ~ This creature flew above me and I liked its 'tail light' and colourings.


7.  Home made

More baking, this time two quiches, one for a friend.




8.  Black and white ~ During our foggy days this month, the spider webs were bedecked with jewels ~



9.  Coffee time ~ I am not a coffee drinker, so found a photo of a Tim Hortons drive-thru which is popular for coffee and doughnuts.


10. Balloon

This one is grounded, but it's blown up and waiting for Halloween where it will be flying high after all its sugary treats...;)
11.  Weather vane

I had a heck of a time finding one of these things! Few and far between.  I remember seeing some for sale so here they are: (25% off by the way).  There's even a moose one!


I finally saw a barn festooned with a horse weather vane:

12.  Fridge magnet

Here's a magnet on the side of my fridge, from my days working in the school office ~


Again, thanks to Greenthumb for sponsoring this photo hunt ~ please check her link to see other participant's choices.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!  There are some strange things afoot around here, and I plan on sharing these with you soon ~   Boooowah haha ;)

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. What a. Great group of photos, I really like black and white, flight and like you I found it hard to find a weather cock. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks greenthumb ~ glad you enjoyed the photos. The spider webs were quite amazing and I'm always excited to see different types of birds.

      Delete
  2. A great set of photos - I love the black and white spider's web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen ~ the web was really quite beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I don't know whether I'm supposed to pick one but I really like the web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessary to pick one but the one the chose is my favorite! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Great photos, especially the spider's web!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Blue Mouse ~ the web seems to be a favorite :)

      Delete
  5. A terrific set of pictures again, I especially like little 'Toot Toot'.
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes Flighty here and on your site :) Toot Toot was a cutey, and looked like it should have a children's story written around it.

      Delete
  6. Great set of photos, I especially like 'flight' and 'black and white'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise ~ both of the photos you chose were favorites :)

      Delete
  7. I love the way your mind thinks - not going for the obvious. Some great choices this month. p.s. Wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow - hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment about my way of thinking ;) and glad you liked the photos. Also thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  8. Some great photos but my favourites have to be the spiders web and the boat - who can resist a boat called Toot Toot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie ~ the web was amazing, and the Toot Toot was just too cute to miss :)

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed your pictures, Glo! Kuddos to you for finding a weather vane! I so love Tim Hortons coffee and Timbits ~ I have to have some every time I get home to Canada. I thought the beekeepers was great for emotion. I notice they were well covered! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fundy Blue, and glad you enjoyed my choices. Even though I don't drink coffee, there are lots of other reasons to head into Tim Hortons, for sure. Hanging around bees is not my idea of fun ~ but they didn't seem to have it covered ~

      Delete
  10. Fun fun fun! I just finished washing up dinner which turned out to be nearly all orange ;-) I like your interpretation of "emotion" -- I'd be afraid, too! Those "jewels" on the web are fantastic. We seem only to get the long stringy strands that get caught in my hair and face as I walk by -- no pretty weavings. Yum! Home made quiche looks delish. Hope you have a wonderful celebration tomorrow, Glo. It was great fun to meet you and your brother and have an image of the two of you in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki ~ yes stringy webs also are around here too ~ just about have to wave your hand in front as you walk by the trees and bushes. The fog made all the difference to the appearance of the webs. Thanks for your birthday wishes and, yes, it is great to remember our meeting up in April :)

      Delete
  11. Oh I love SO many of these, especially those grass head, the web and the toot toot!
    Ooooohhh....looking forward to reading about your ghostly goings on.....
    Did the book arrive ok Glo?xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my photos, Snowbird! Yes, thanks, the book arrived a couple of days ago, and will mention it on my next post which will be soon! Thanks again for sending it to me and I look forward to reading it after I finish my library book. :)

      Delete
  12. Some lovely pics here, Glo. I love that spider web.. so perfect for the season. And your compost pile looks so artistic.. only you. :) I have a neat desktop and counter top..... and very messy drawers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Hilary. The spider webs were quite amazing draped in fog droplets ~ so I was happy to capture a photo or two. It's fun to do the photo hunt, and I look through the photos I've taken during the month to see what fits the bill and then go out and search for the rest!

      Delete
  13. Love the weather vanes just a shame I don't live near enough to buy one. It looks like you live in a beautiful part of the world.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill ~ yes the vanes were eye-catching ~ apparently they come from Connecticut! Vancouver Island is a lovely place, so thanks :)

      Delete
  14. Love your photos especially the 2 muffins, the flowers were genius and black and white stunning. Coffee photo looks like its straight out of a movie set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and for your lovely comment. It's always fun to see different takes on the photos and in different parts of the world!

      Delete
  15. Like you I had a hard time finding a weathercock. Great interpretations on the subjects, especially b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool collection of photos- the spider's web is stunning and your comment about the weather vanes made me laugh. Thanks for looking over at my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete