Friday, October 18, 2013

The Cycle Continues

Autumn is drifting in quite gently, under the cover of sea fog for the past two days.  Blue skies preceded the fog, so I know they are hovering above the covering ;) The photo below has not been adjusted at all ~ that's how blue the sky has been!


Awhile back, I mentioned taking photos of a rather large mushroom that I noticed when I was walking around the neighbourhood.  The coin is 1" in diameter.


On the same walk, I came eye to eye with this face.  Eeps!



We have had our share of rain, but it has been quite mild. The mountain had virtually no visible snow until recently when I spotted this wintry scene, giving a clue of what may be in store!


Another day, another location, but more misty magic ~


The salmon spawn has begun, and I have recently visited a few streams and fish hatcheries to see the salmon in action ~ first taking notice of the bear alert:






I also visited 'where the river meets the sea' and all seemed fairly calm ~ ducks basking on the 'fall-iage'...

a seagull splashing about ...


  Maple leaves drifting down stream ...

but just below the surface... ah yes, the cycle continues ~ 




8 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable autumnal post, and terrific photos. That sure is a most impressive mushroom. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty ~ There's loads of mushrooms around here now with all the dampness and fog...it's nearly eerie!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post. Your mountains are stunning and look so mystical shrouded in mist. I loved the salmon and feel in awe of the fact you may see a bear. WOW!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snowbird. The mist has evolved into dense fog ~ so not only is it mystical...but we nearly get lostical ;) I will be keeping my eye out for bear spotting and would be really happy to take a picture of one for you...as long as it wasn't heading in my direction!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic place you live in to find so much wildlife to photograph - I think the fungus looks like a Fly Agaric or something similar - did you check underneath for fairies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine ~ yes, it is a wonderful place with much natural beauty. I actually looked under the mushroom and saw something...but it turned out to be another mushroom, or a fairy in disguise ;)

      Delete
  4. It's all looking so very pretty where you live at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks greenthumb ~ it is quite beautiful... when the fog lifts ;) The spiderwebs draped in misty dew are quite beautiful now.

      Delete