Friday, August 29, 2014

August Photo Scavenger Hunt

Thanks to greenthumb for hosting these monthly challenges.  Here are my selected photos for August :)



1.  W is for Wind and Waves
Yesterday I was in Victoria, and the wind was a-blowing, stirring up the waves.


2. 5 p.m.

I checked through my photos, and here is a photo taken on a trip home around 5 p.m., ~ Mountains looming out of the forest.


3. Everyday ~ one must be on the alert for deer on the roads.  Here's one little high stepping bambi following his family right in front of my car.  On go my flashing lights, as I slow to a stop in hopes that other vehicles stop, too!


4. Centered ~ a couple of centered selections here...one a church bell,

and the other a dog on board ;)


5.  Peace - symbolized by a white dove ~

 and do you see one in the cloud?  Spread PEACE, little dove!



 6.  Ball ~ I spotted many during the month ~ beach balls, colourful gazing balls in gardens, but chose this one with the couple and dog paddling towards sunset ~



7.  Luggage ~  Oh yes, loads of luggage being carted here and there during this holiday season!


8. Under ~ These apple tree branches were bent over, under the heavy weight ~ noticed many deer-nibbles on the twigs.  Wonder if any other animals will wander by before the crop is picked... bears?  raccoons?  They are easy picking!


9.  On your shelf ~ for the third time, my orchid is in bloom.  I received this orchid as a birthday gift a few years ago, and each time it finishes blooming, I put it on a shelf in a north facing window.  Lo and behold, it starts a new branch and more flowers, so off the shelf it comes, and onto a pedestal!


10.  Something you do everyday ~ most of those things, would be pretty routine and not too interesting to others, I'm sure.  However, I do enjoy looking up at the sky each day when I'm sitting on the deck, watching the beautiful blue sky and smatterings of clouds drift by.  Recently I spotted a heart-shaped cloud :)


11.  Glitter ~ My farmer friend loves chickens, so for her birthday I made her a card, using a honeycomb embosser, and honeycomb die cut.  I attempted to transform the honeycomb design to chicken wire by adding silver glitter embossing powder around the edges of the honeycomb.  I printed and cut out a chicken, stuck on some white feathers, and adding a message inside ~ "Time to fly the coop, and celebrate your birthday!"  So she did ~ she flew the coop, and I took her out for dinner :)


12.  Sunglasses ~ Visiting a rocky little beach for a picnic, I sat on a log and took a photo through an old pair of sunglasses I found in my car.


There you have it ~ August 2014...Many other photos in the wings, that will hopefully land on my blog!

26 comments:

  1. Another well thought out selection Glo. I really like the first, wavy subject, and the last, rose tinted outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! Appreciate your comment, and I've always enjoyed viewing the world through rose tinted glasses ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh love the interpretations - we had some very similar ones. Adore the chicken - and the people paddling their dog around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn ~ yes, we did have similar ideas and photos! Glad you enjoyed the chicken and dog paddle ;)

      Delete
  3. A wonderful collection of pictures. Like John I also like the first and last ones. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty ~ glad you enjoyed my choices ~

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. I have put the link up now. So many great photos, I really like ball, sunglasses, centred well they are all great. Greenthumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greenthumb ~ always fun to do these photo hunts ~ gets me out and about :)

      Delete
  5. I did enjoy these, I loved the looming mountains, what amazing scenery and as for that little deer, thank goodness you were kind enough to slow down. That dog on the raft is brilliant and had me smiling away as did the chicken card.....I can't get over the thought that a bear may wander by and graze on apples! Wow!
    I do hope that lovely dove and the one in the cloud spread a little peace, the world could do with it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Snowbird. I know you love looking at the nature around here and so happy to share it with you. Haven't spotted any bears around but it's fruit harvesting time so they'll be around somewhere! Yes, if only peace would reign!

      Delete
  6. You live in such a beautiful place. Love the heart-shaped cloud and the sunglasses shot is stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, and so pleased you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  7. Oh how lovely! I love your heart cloud Glo! I've always wanted to see one!!! I've been posting a series of clouds that look like things on my blog over the last 2 months so glad you love them too!
    The deer is so sweeet!!! The dove was a lucky sighting too- such a good clear shot!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection of photos! The beach seen through your sunglasses is great but I also really like both of your luggage photos. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina ~ so pleased you enjoyed my photos :)

      Delete
  9. From the top little photos (a lot of larger photos are not showing?) you have some lovely shots...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the photos showed up OK Amanda ~ Glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  10. A fantastic collection of photos, I can't pick a favourite as I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise ~ so happy you enjoyed my photos!

      Delete
  11. Original as always - love the photos of the people on the water - so tranquil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine ~ happy to know you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  12. What a lovely set of photos, I've got too many favourites to mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Blue Mouse ~ happy to know you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  13. You have to be one of the most creative bloggers I know. Everything you touch turns into a smile. I love the fawn and the peace-bringing dove. And especially how you celebrated your friend's birthday. Did you eat chicken for dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment Hilary ~ so sorry it has taken me so long to reply to the comments...or even to comment on other blogs. Nope, didn't eat chicken~ my friend had seafood linguini and I had cedar-plank salmon :)

      Delete