Saturday, February 1, 2014

Good start to the last day of January



January 31, 2014

The morning was amazing... the sky, a perfect blue.

I grabbed my case of cameras, and out the door I flew.

The mountain glistened brightly, set off behind the trees.

The temperature, quite chilly,  had dropped a few degrees.


Two eagles perched together, looked out across the bay.

Their eagle eyes were watching;  two focussed birds of prey.




I stopped beside a marshland to get a better view.

of something quite amazing...ten herons passing through.

I’d never seen so many, like statues...there they stood

And I just kept on smiling...so far, this day looked GOOD! 



To be continued ~

8 comments:

  1. It was definitely a day to make the most of, as indeed you did. Ten herons must have been quite a sight. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing sight, Flighjty ~ and the rest of the day was terrific as well! See next post :)

      Delete
  2. It looks a day to cherish. What a contrast to dull dismal here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An absolutely remarkable day, Adrian ~ a day to cherish indeed. Keep warm!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a surprise to see so many, Elaine ~ all standing there as if they were gathering for a meeting of some sort :)

      Delete
  4. TEN herons????? that aint fair! One would do me....lol, what a wonderland you live in, even better than Narnia. I don't think you can beat that...EVER! I loved your eagles and really enjoyed your poem...a talent you have for sure.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late comment, Snowbird, but thanks so much for leaving such an upbeat comment :)

      Delete