Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Photo Scavenger Hunt

Well, here we are entering my favorite season ~ Spring!  We are also experiencing some glorious weather this week.  Time to put my March photos before heading outside :)





1.  Local
A photo taken down at the local beach front yesterday ~
Buds are blossoming ~

2.  City
A Spring scene taken while visiting Beacon Hill Park in Victoria, BC, the capital city of British Columbia.
3. Stripes
There were a few birds vying for this category, all showing off their stripes ~  A pair of ducks won out!

4.  Crisp
Although we are experiencing an early Spring, a crisp coldness is apparent at higher levels.

5.  Street Art
Chemainus is referred to as the 'little town that did' ~ famous for its murals.





6. Tiles
A tiled roof spotted while driving through a residential neighbourhood.

7. Rock Stairs
I noticed this combination of rock and stairs leading up to a large home.




8. Hair
Hair it is!
Edit to add:  Spring is in the hair ;)  (Sometimes I make myself laugh.)

9.  Measure
Here's a bald eagle taking measure of its surroundings ~
and some vials of liquid spotted in the lab of the Deep Bay Marine Field Station 
10. Large
Near the location of the previous rock stairs photo, there was a large heavy duty excavator resting atop an even larger pile of rocks ~




11.  For one
A kayak for one shares the coastline with gulls galore ~


 12.  Landscape

I have many more photos for March, and hopefully will get a chance to post some more in the next while.

Thanks to Greenthumb for continuing to sponsor these monthly Scavenger Hunts.  I hope you enjoy my photos :)













25 comments:

  1. HI Glo I loved seeing all your photographs that you choose for the word prompts. Love the MAllard in flight adn the city shot. That certainly is some hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret :) I was happy to see that the Mallards came out quite clearly. Always fun to find photos to fit the categories and share them.

      Delete
  2. Those flowers on the beach are beautiful and I love the bald eagle taking measure of it's surroundings.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza ~ I love this time of year when the daffodils and tulips are so bright and cheerful - especially nice to see on the beach front. Eagle eyes were sure focussed!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful set of photos.. Spring is in the air.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda ~ yes, for sure, Spring is in the air, and the weather has been just beautiful...nearly 19 C today, with blue skies, blossoms, birds and bees :)

      Delete
  4. That first shot is so pretty with the bright flowers against the blue and white scenery. They're all beautiful - I bet you can't take a bad photo in your area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Val. Indeed it does helps with photography when I live in a picturesque place. Nice to have lots of choices, and I love trying to capture some of the interesting things I see :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Val, the first photo is glorious. My auntie lives on Vancouver Island and I have visited a few times, the scenery is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona ~ Nice to hear you have a connection to Vancouver Island, and great that you have visited and can picture where we live.

      Delete
  6. A most enjoyable selection of spring pictures. I especially like 1 and 3. Lucky you with the glorious weather. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flighty ~ Thanks ~ yes the weather was just perfect, and even now that there is a little cloud cover, the temps are still pleasant. Lovely time of the year. Glad you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  7. Oh, oh, oh! The lovely brightness of spring flowers in your neck o' the woods! Loved those first three shots. And that last one of the landscape is both rugged and dreamy. Maybe it's the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne ~ we have just had the loveliest start to Spring. Now my cherry tree is blossoming and fills the view from my sliding glass doors in the dining room. Glad you enjoyed the photos :)

      Delete
  8. Love all your nature-inspired interpretations again. You live in such a beautiful place. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie ~ Spring is the perfect time around here for photos, and I can't stay inside for long when the sun is shining. Pleased you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  9. Glo, these are lovely!!! I love your subtle stripes on the mallards and that kayak makes me long for the seaside!!!
    Your home town is beautiful!
    I love the lordly eagle keeping measure of all the happenings!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful selection! Some unusual images ... love the bald eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first pic, Local should be a print, it's stunning! I'm laughing out loud at Spring is in the hair!!! How DO you keep coming up with them???
    Oooooh....a bald eagle! I can't get enough of them, I saw sea eagles flying high in the Far East but never managed to see one close up. Another marvelous bunch of pics.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic photos - I love the city tree - how splendid - and the birds - in fact all of them :)
    Fil
    Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great photos here, Glo. Your March is more like our May. I hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope all is well Glo, I've been missing you and your posts.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Glo
    It has been such a long time since you posted - hope everything is ok with you.
    Elaine @rosebank

    ReplyDelete