Monday, December 26, 2011

'Twas the Night After Christmas ...


‘Twas the night after Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were empty; the presents unwrapped;
The turkey was eaten; the crackers were snapped.

The children had vanished and taken their loot...
Which offered me time for another pursuit.
A challenge was waiting, so I must remember
To check through my photos - the ones from December.

This Scavenger Hunt holds no guarantees,
for photos from Christmas must use ABC’s!
My camera was nestled all snug in its case,
And hardly a photo was taken! Disgrace!

No photos of presents piled under the tree;
No photos of turkey or pudding to see;
No photos of games that we played after dinner;
No photos of happy dance done by the winner.

So how in the heck will I find twenty-six?
Perhaps I’ll resort to Photoshop tricks...


Stay tuned ...

5 comments:

  1. *GRIN*
    (I know you'll come up with something!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do come up with! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing .. and cleverly done in rhyme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wait expectantly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nikki, Flighty, Hilary, and UHDD ~ I finally have them together so am about to post them. Would love to have made another poem to go with them all, but that might take until February at least ;)

    ReplyDelete