Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Photo Scavenger Hunt - BOO!

Like a ghost from blogland past, I'm here to pop in and say BOO!

During the month of October, a few highlights: Thanksgiving on Oct. 10 with much celebration and good food, our first frosty morning (Oct. 16), a day when so many different birds visited the garden, it was unbelievable

Photobucket


Steller's Jays, Red headed Woodpeckers, Northern Flickers, Robins, Red breasted Nuthatches, Chickadees, Juncos...all at once... and a black squirrel. I didn't know where to point my camera first.

... to finish off the month, Halloween tonight.

Here's the photo compilation for my October Scavenger Hunt photo choices, followed by larger individual photos.

Photobucket


Many multicoloured leaves gather together, waiting to play games with the whisking wind that swirls them out of their hidey holes in twirling dances of freedom. Where will they land next? I think they are stumped at that question!

Photobucket


Awaiting their ‘turn’, golden crowning glories cling to their high vantage points, swaying with the rhythm of the season until it is time to let go and fly.

Photobucket


A pumpkin candle lights up with a grin as it peers through the front window flickering at Trick or Treaters as they walk to the door.

Photobucket


Down the street, a pumpkin ‘bag’ leaps onto a chair as a ghost pops up with a BOO!

Photobucket


In the village an eerie sight hovers over the entrance way to a shop....enter if you dare!

Photobucket


Meanwhile one of the village cats carves a seat on a fence to watch passersby.

Photobucket


...while down the street, the glazed eyed black cat stands watch as always under his favorite tree (back view of cat).
Photobucket


Autumn reflects as a nearby river runs into the sea; salmon are spawning and large silver creatures are visible running against the current as they return home.

Photobucket


Photobucket


A portal to the Heritage Forest invites a cool restorative stroll...

Photobucket


This must be a drawbridge footing ;)

Photobucket


A mountain 'peaks' out of the misty clouds surveying its realm of land and sea.

Photobucket


The last sunset of October is accompanied by roiling waves. Flocks of seagulls soar aloft towards the west. In the opposite direction a pastel sky is brushed with windswept blush, while I am nearly blown off my feet!

Photobucket


A benevolent witch with a jaunty hat and an all-knowing smile celebrates All Hallows’ Evening.
Photobucket


The waves stole the show from the sunset tonight. The wind and waves were so powerful in fact that I turned off the audio of the tumultuous racket and replaced it with a gentler touch. I don't know how Sir Long Legs managed to balance in the wind...I suppose it was easier than trying to find footing in the water!

Photobucket


Hope you enjoy the video ~



A touch or two of magic to finish off...earlier this month on a walk in the wild, I was blessed with seeing this beautiful rainbow:

Photobucket


and tonight at sunset on the beach, I spotted this perfect heart-shaped rock ~ which fit just perfectly in the palm of my hand :)

Photobucket


Can you see it too? Wishing you a magical November :)



Photo Scavenger Hunt for November, thanks to Kathy at Postcards from the P.P.:  To view other Scavenger Hunt entries, click on her Scavenger List tab or here.

1. a poppy
2. memorial
3. silhouette
4. something you have made
5. something purple
6. warmth
7. polka dots
8. a lucky charm
9. comfort food
10. a staircase
11. something that lights up
12. and lastly ... a self portrait!

16 comments:

  1. That rock is wonderful! I have one or two like that, but not quite so perfect. Can't believe those salmon too. I consider myself lucky to spot a tiny fish of any variety in our local stream...
    Lovely list :-)
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a friendly looking witch!
    The video was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I especially like the one of the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed this post! What a great variety of bif visitors. My favourite photo is the crunchy leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, don't know what happened there but bif visitors was meant to say BIRD visitors! oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your beautiful sea and sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many lovely things in this post, the birds right at the top, the autumn colours, the gull flying over the sea andof course the heart shaped stone....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sea too , your video is just great, lovely photos this month

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed out loud at your comment over on the Sammy post. Hope you had a lovely birthday -- why I cannot get it in my brain that yours is so near Flighty's! Hope you had a really lovely day. I'm amazed at all your feathered friends coming to wish you happy birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved looking at your beautiful photos, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful set of images.. each depicting the month so well. I love the heart-shaped rock. I hope you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A terrific post with wonderful pictures.
    I really do enjoy these monthly posts which are well worth the wait, but do seem to come round rather quickly! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. I think the pumpkin is great and the ghost popping out of the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about my photos everyone. I will try to get to each of your blogs to reply as well. Yes, I did keep the heart rock and have something to show you about it on my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The video is lovely thanks so much - I do love waves , where was that filmed?
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another brilliantly thought out collection, Glo. Love the leafy stump.

    ReplyDelete